What are browser cookies?
They are very small text files that are created by a website through a browser on your computer. They are used to help you navigate a website, identify preferences and perform specific functions, for example, you input a room’s dimensions into a text box on a website and the website then automatically calculates the materials required for each product page that you visit on that website.
1. Anonymously tracking page visits, hits, search terms, visitor locations etc. for statistical purposes, which help us to improve our services. We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about use of the website, examples of this statistical information would be how many visitors from United Kingdom we have had, how many visitors used Internet Explorer as a browser, how many pages were visited today, what words visitors search for to find our website etc.
2. Improving security on the website to prevent fraudulent activity and protect your personal information
3. Identifying visitors for login purposes. This ensure that you stay logged in on each page you visit, allows your browser to remember your login credentials, allows us to make recommendations based on your preferences or settings
4. Storing an anonymous reference to your shopping basket
5. Storing an anonymous reference to information you enter into the website e.g. to track popular search terms
Cookie control via your browser
If you are looking for our website terms and conditions please see our Terms & Conditions page.